"Your Family Compass will assist you in leading your children to arrive at adulthood with the motivation, confidence, competence, and compassion to live life to the fullest, with respect for themselves and others. What more could we want as parents?"
- Marti Erickson, PhD., Director of Emerita, Harris Training Programs, University of MN
"One message that comes through loud and clear throughout Your Family Compass is: You are in charge of writing your family's story. You can guide it in the direction you want it to go, along the journey you want to take, and it can be enjoyable!!!"
- David J. Bredehoft, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist, Certified Family Life Educator & Professor of Psychology and Family Studies at Concordia University
"This book will help you see the joy of parenting."
- Lisa Warner, MSW, LICSW, Child and Family Therapist
"What Jenny Hanlon does remarkably well is weave together relevant theory and research with case studies, practical activities, and questions that allow parents to create a family compass unique to their own values. Her strengths-based approach offers a refreshing and realistic understanding of behavior, without blaming the child or making the adult feel incompetent."
- Christine Hurley, Ph.D., Licensed School Psychologist
"Your Family Compass gives parents confidence in the decisions they make. Jenny Hanlon's easy-to-use tools help parents support their children's needs in deliberate and loving ways. I recommend this helpful and inspiring book for families at any stage of development!"
- Arba-Della Beck, MSW, President, FamilyMeans
"Jenny Hanlon successfully makes child development research and child psychology principles accessible and useful - a truly wonderful guide for thoughtful parents."
- Nancy Jones, MS., Founder and Executive Director of The Children's Farm School